Monday 9 December 2019

Jane Austen JAFF novel



Guest Review

Absolutely livid with Amazon and will not be beaten on promoting a novel I loved and was written by Francine Howarth. I have posted the following review on the Historical Romance Promotional FB group with an Amazon linked post. I hope it was all right to copy/paste the cover. I've just finished this book and so annoyed I cannot post a review at Amazon unless I have spent £50. The chances of my spending 50 on books in the next year is unlikely. Either way this novel captures the innocence of Georgiana so well. She really was a shy person as depicted by Jane Austen. Her naivety was made apparent in that disastrous near elopement with Wickham in Pride & Prejudice. That said, in this novel, and extremely well written it is, Georgiana reveals aspects of Wickham as she knew him throughout childhood. That concept won me to Georgiana's shy reclusive existence at Pemberley and how Wickham was a familiar and trusted part of her childhood. It shed light on not only Georgiana and Wickham as youngsters it opened my eyes to Darcy's aloof nature, not unalike Jane Austen's portrayal of his brusque manners and what may have contributed to that cool arrogant persona. This book is not about Darcy, it's Georgiana's from start to finish and the love story that ensues is lovely and realistic to the Regency era when the chips are down and and Georgiana trusts she has learnt from a past mistake and her chosen one is the right one this time. I loved it.
Jan Brook-Clark. 



I've read it too and couldn't have reviewed it better than Jan's review. Def an excellent read.  Charlotte.